September is National Recovery Month which is observed to educate Americans that substance use treatment and mental health services can empower those with mental and substance use disorders to live healthy and rewarding lives. Nevada’s Recovery and Prevention (NRAP) celebrates Recovery Month with our annual R5k Recovery Run/Walk & Celebration.
This year’s R5k will be held on September 30, 2023 at Idlewild Park in Reno, Nevada to promote community health and wellness, celebrate individuals in recovery, and reduce the stigma often associated with addiction. The R5K will provide an opportunity for participants to walk or run in honor of someone they know impacted by substance use, followed by a recovery celebration and programming open to all community members.
This year, we’re inviting you to help us design the R5K event t-shirt!
- Design should coincide with the mission of NRAP and National Recovery Month
- Design must be for the front of the shirt only
- The R5K logo should be included in the design.
- As the designer, you get to recommend the color of the T-Shirt that you believe best compliments your design.
- The design can utilize as many as 3 spot colors.
- Design must be in high resolution and to be submitted as a .jpg, .png, .pdf, .ai, or .psd file
- Design must be submitted by the deadline of May 30, 2023.
T-Shirt Judging Criteria:
- Visibility – Is it eye catching and visible from a distance
- Does it coincide with the mission of NRAP and National Recovery Month
- Feasibility – Must be easy to reproduce
Purpose of T-Shirt: The winning design will be printed on high quality t-shirts and provided to registrants of this year’s Recovery R5k Run/Walk and Celebration and sold online via the event registration page.
- Submit your design(s) – April 15 to May 30, 2023
- Last day to submit a design – May 30, 2023
- R5K Planning Committee Selects Top 5 – May 31 to June 6, 2023
- Public Voting on Top 5 (on Facebook & Instagram) – June 12 to 16, 2023
- Announcement of contest winner – June 23, 2023
Winner: The winner will be announced on June 23, 2023 and will be awarded two complimentary R5k race entries.
Contest Rules and Guidelines: By submitting an entry, the artist consents that it is his/her own original work and that he/she has all necessary rights and permissions to use any included elements. The t-shirt contest team reserves the right to make adjustments and alterations to the winning entry. The winning artist grants NRAP the exclusive right to the design, including any modifications thereof, to be used on promotional/marketing and other NRAP materials. The artist shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the University of Nevada, Reno, NRAP, and Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT) from and against any and all suits, actions, claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any violation of third party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property infringement, misappropriation, dilution or violation) in connection with NRAP’s use, distribution, publishing, sale or exploitation of the design. No submissions will be returned. By submitting a design, you are agreeing to all contest rules and guidelines.
Questions: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRAP is a collegiate recovery community managed by the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT), a university approved center, located in the School of Public Health at the University of Nevada.